/* */

Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekly Weigh-in (10/30/06)

When I don't post for a whole week, that's usually a pretty good indicator of how things are going.

I really can't even comment in detail about how I did last week because I simply didn't keep track. I probably walked 5 times, therefore perhaps meeting my goal of doing some sort of exercise 5-7 days a week, but I didn't do any strength training and I didn't track my calories.

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time truly commiting to losing this weight. I sure am tired of not fitting into my clothes! And even if I did fit into my clothes and was a size 2, that certainly doesn't mean that I shouldn't be exercising and strength training.

Anyway, time to pick myself up, dust myself off and get on with it. No dwelling on what didn't happen, only looking forward to what I can and will make happen this week.

Same goals as last week, but I'll add another one. I need to blog at least two times between weigh-ins. Every day would be ideal, but I'll allow that that might not happen. I hope that blogging about health and fitness will help keep health and fitness front and center in my mind. It can't hurt.......

Still, the news isn't all bad. Despite my unmet goals, the scale was still down 1 pound. But I'm not feeling it on my clothes, that's for sure. That's when I'll really feel like I'm moving in the right direction, when my pants start feeling a little looser.

So, here's to a better week this week!

my-calorie-counter.com The webs free Calorie Counter

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alysha,

Even though i KNOW it's the best way to keep track, I really get bogged down by the actual counting of calories and keeping track of every bite that goes in my mouth. Even with Fitday at my disposal, I usually go in streaks of about two weeks before giving up on calorie counting. I don't know that there's a hard and fast solution, but don't beat yourself up about it.

Do you have a motivator like a trip coming up or even bathing suit season next summer? Sometimes the tiniest thing can help. Right now I'm trying to be careful in anticipation of the coming holiday season. I'm hoping I can shed a few pounds in advance so that I can enjoy the holidays more freely without having to sacrifice. I don't know that it will work, but the idea is there. ;-)

10:03 PM  
Blogger Alysha said...

Hi Erika. :)

I do try not to beat myself up about, it's just that lately I'm so uncommitted. I start, I stop, I start I stop. I'm trying to find someone to get myself really dedicated - even if it's not every day.

Yes, I may have to come up with a motivator. We have a college get-together in the spring - that would give me plenty of time and maybe give me the kick in the butt I need. Sometimes those motivators work against me, though - since they are temporary.

We need a holiday holdout thing! A group of people who try not to gain weight over the holidays. Maybe we can start one on the CLBB.........

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- now there's an idea! I'll keep an eye out and watch for you to get a support thread started. ;-)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home