/* */

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Just Do It Already!

That needs to be my new motto. Just do it already! I've been putting off the launching of this blog and in the process, putting off getting into a regular fitness program.

Anyway...............Welcome to my new health and fitness blog!

A while back, I tried to encorporate a bit of weight loss/healthy living blogging on The Savory Notebook, my cooking blog, but I just couldn't figure out a way to make it work the way I wanted it to. I've been playing around with starting a new blog, maybe even moving to a different blogging site, just to see what else is out there. In the end, I decided to copy my other template and just make a few changes. Much easier.

As you'll see in the sidebar, there's a link to a calendar that will show my calorie count, exercise habits and other progress. I've also linked to all my recipes on The Savory Notebook and have gone back and have marked any low-fat recipes so that they are easy to find. I will try to go through and post nutritional information for recipes that don't currently have any, but it will be a slow process.

While I hope to blog about health and fitness no matter what my current level of fitness is, my immediate goals are to lose about 15 pounds. I reached my goal once several years ago and maintained it for a while, but the weight has been creeping back on, slowly but surely. To be fair, I'm still at a relatively healthy weight, but a few more pounds and I won't be. It's very frustrating that I don't fit into most of my clothes. And now that I'm not working, it's oh so easy to sit around the house all day in my sweats - no waistband to tell me that things are getting out of control!

If you have a health and fitness blog that you would like me to link to, please leave me a comment and I will take a look. As long as your blog promotes healthy living in a safe and reasonable manner (no extreme measures such as diet pills, liquid diets, or surgery), I would be happy to include a link. Also - if you have a blog that promotes healthy eating, please let me know. It doesn't have to be healthy eating 24/7, but if you cook low-fat or are trying to eat a healthier diet, I'd love to include you. I've put a few links up, but I'm sure I am forgetting or missing others.

So, ready or not, here we go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Very nice. Thanks for including me in your list of healthy eating blogs.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Alysha said...

Thanks - you bet Kalyn. :)

I don't do low-carb myself, but I like that the SBD and the things on your site are healthy and low-carb, unlike some of the other low-carb diets out there. :)

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home